Friday, May 8, 2009

The First.


Let me start by saying that blogging is uncharted territory for me. This is mainly due to my mistrust of the medium: I find that pouring out one's soul in a detached electronic manner can often become a replacement for authentic personal interaction. However, in preparation for my upcoming trip back to Israel - a land I love more than words can say - I thought I would give this whole blogging thing a try. This way, you - my friends and family - can be involved in where I'm going and what I'm learning. I can't make any promises, but I will try my best to be diligent in making regular posts from the Holy Land. So...here goes nothing!

(p.s. The image above is the inspiration for the title of this blog. The picture was taken at Masada when I was in Israel in 2006. The sign says, "Rebels' Dwellings." I find it fitting for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that I now drive a Honda Rebel motorcycle.)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog title. Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I don't know why I was signed in as Mary for that comment, but this is Peter, and I made that last post.

    ReplyDelete